I love quilting (obviously) and I have always wanted to go to one of those all day sews held by a LQS. I have never actually done it for a number of reasons.
1. I don’t know anyone. I know this seems shallow, but I hate sitting in a room full of women and not be able to chat it up, because half the fun of these things is the social aspect. Now yes, if I actually went, they would get to know me more and be more chatty with me, but the first time is too overwhelming for me.
2. Dragging my sewing machine around does not sound like fun. Nope. Not at all.
3. What project would I work on? I have so many going on, and I very rarely work on only one at a time. So to bring just one would be boring, and to bring more than one would be a lot of stuff to drag around.
It is for these reasons and more that I decided it would be fun to pick a day and virtually quilt with other quilters all over the country. I love chatting with my virtual friends, I don’t have to move my sewing machine, and I can work on as many projects as I want. Win/Win/Win!!
I am going to have a thread on Quilting Boards for my virtual sew day, but I also want to host this on my blog. Who knows, maybe some of you will want to join me too!! I might even have some door prizes to give away!
Here are the deets for Virtual Sew Day:
1. Date – Sunday April 15, 2012 – start any time you can
2. Post your goals for the day on your blog, and link back to my blog so we can get more friends virtually quilting with us! Pick any project you want to work on!! No rules at all about what you can sew on this day.
3. Leave me a comment with your blog post address so I can see what you are working on (maybe I’ll even get a linky thingy if I can figure it out)
4. Throughout the day, check in either by commenting on my post, your own post, or creating a whole new post.
5. Be sure to check out all your friends that are quilting with you!
If you do not have a blog, feel free to leave your goals on the post I will put up on Sunday. We will keep the conversation and accolades going through there. You can even send me final pics and I will do a final post of the day and feature those that don’t have their own blogs.
If I do have door prizes, they will be picked at random among those who participate throughout the day.
So what do you think? Want to spend the day virtually quilting with me?
PS. I am going to get some kind of button made for this, but my Photoshop is being very mean to me right now. 🙂